- RSS Channel Showcase 6684838
- RSS Channel Showcase 8433105
- RSS Channel Showcase 3197952
- RSS Channel Showcase 2621413
Articles on this Page
- 09/30/13--12:47: _Autumn is Vein Seas...
- 01/08/14--14:16: _‘Tis the Season to ...
- 04/14/14--14:41: _“Let it go, let it ...
- 09/22/14--14:31: _Leg Veins, Fall 201...
- 12/26/14--10:09: _Because You Know I’...
- 04/30/15--09:39: _Treating leg veins ...
- 08/20/15--12:32: _Winter Vein Choices
- 01/04/16--11:35: _Facts to Battle Leg...
- 05/13/16--16:20: _Ask Dr. Rosen: Exer...
- 08/22/16--14:06: _Love Your Legs Agai...
- 12/30/16--07:20: _What are Varicose V...
- 07/13/17--13:48: _Stuck Wearing Pants...
- 05/03/18--09:49: _Veins: They Take Ti...
- 09/30/13--12:47: Autumn is Vein Season Fall 2013 Newsletter
- 04/14/14--14:41: “Let it go, let it go”, Spring 2014 Newsletter
- 09/22/14--14:31: Leg Veins, Fall 2014 Newsletter
- 04/30/15--09:39: Treating leg veins post pregnancy, best mother’s gift ever
- 08/20/15--12:32: Winter Vein Choices
- 01/04/16--11:35: Facts to Battle Leg Vein Fictions, Winter/Spring 2016 Newsletter
- 05/13/16--16:20: Ask Dr. Rosen: Exercise & Leg Veins, Spring/Summer 2016 Newsletter
- 08/22/16--14:06: Love Your Legs Again Fall/Winter Newsletter 2016
- 12/30/16--07:20: What are Varicose Veins & Spider Veins?
- 07/13/17--13:48: Stuck Wearing Pants This Summer?
- 05/03/18--09:49: Veins: They Take Time, Effort and Patience. But It’s So Worth It!
As I write this, I’m staring out the window from my desk at Advanced Dermatology in Lincolnshire. It’s a hot day in early August. The passersby, hopefully well-schmeared with sunscreen, hustle to get back into someplace air-conditioned. The green leaves, inert in the breeze-less oppressive swelter, hang dejectedly on drooping branches and wonder (in their ... Read More ›
I had a fascinating consult recently that I’d like to share with you. HIPAA rules guarding patient confidentiality forbid me to disclose the identity of the patient, but let’s just say that “Mr. C” (a resident of the way way North suburbs) presented with complaints of lower extremity discomfort, swelling, heaviness, fatigue, cramping and restless ... Read More ›
By the looks of it outside it would seem that a young queen had a panic attack and let loose a spell condemning Chicagolandia to an eternal winter. Yes, I have 2 young daughters and yes…I’ve been watching A LOT of Disney’s Frozen lately.
For those unfamiliar with the story, young Queen Anna has innate magical ... Read More ›
Autumn is here! [Yes, the exclamation point is there because I am trying to psych myself up for the fact that winter will inevitably follow.] To the poets among us, fall is the season that symbolizes senescence; a slow inescapable decline. That’s the view I have issues with…so dreary and glum. You see, the word ... Read More ›
If you have ears and own a radio…certainly if you also own a teenager…you probably caught the reference to “All about that Bass” by Meghan Trainor. As a musician, it’s a cute & clever song. As a parent of 2 young girls, it’s a wonderfully iconoclastic, empowering anthem affirming that external beauty is self-determined ... Read More ›
There are plenty…plenty of problems we face each day that we can only blame on ourselves.
Sometimes…rarely…there are problems that we have absolutely no culpability for…the finger pointing goes every-which-way but back at us.
Spider and varicose veins are just such a problem. It turns out that the biggest factors leading to the development of varicose and ... Read More ›
Whether or not you’re a fan of Game of Thrones, for Chicagolanders the phrase “Winter is coming” sends a cold shiver down our spines. I mean, we don’t have to worry about hordes of zombies breaching a magical ice wall and invading from the North…not that I know of anyway…but still, it’s an unsettling thought.
So we, like ... Read More ›
Women and men who come to see me in consultation regarding their varicose and spider veins have been living with those nagging, annoying things for years…decades in many cases. Aside from aesthetic concerns, such veins are often painful and associated with other symptoms such as leg swelling, cramps, “restless legs” and legs that feel tired ... Read More ›
One question I commonly get is: “Will exercise help my legs?”
Yes, but… Exercise won’t fix varicose veins, spider veins nor ... Read More ›
Autumn is a great time to “fall” in love with your legs again! Oy… I know, I know…awful pun… but it’s true: once it starts getting cooler outside and we transition from “shorts season” to “pants season”, it’s a perfect time to finally take care of those nagging varicose and spider veins. There are 3 really ... Read More ›
What are Varicose Veins & Spider Veins? • Varicose Veins are enlarged, often twisty veins that bulge from the surface of the skin. Most commonly on the legs & thighs. • Spider Veins are smaller, web-like collections of veins. They can be varying shades of red or blue. Although mostly isolated abnormalities, they can also ... Read More ›
Whether or not Global Warming is an issue at the forefront of your consciousness or whether math was your strong subject in school, there’s an equation that is undeniable and easy to comprehend: Summer=Warm=Less Comfortable to Wear Pants.
For some of my patients, the discomfort of wearing pants in warm weather is outweighed by their apprehension ... Read More ›
You have to hand it to the daffodils: though there’s still frost on the ground on these early April mornings, they are still determined to make the world a bit more beautiful. Unlike in cartoons, flowers don’t actually instantly sprout out of the ground…it takes time, effort, patience. But ultimately it’s so worth it! Dealing with ... Read More ›